Thursday, May 05, 2011

~ A Sensitive Issue ~


Ready for the stage!
Finally the CEO visit happened today and choir was performed after months of training in between busy E-Filing duties and extremely heavy workload. But I still has uneasy feeling about today.. 

Lega.. dah abeh!
Notice that I wear tudung for this event? I was asked by my superior to wear one so uniformity could be formed. The funny part today was most colleagues (obviously not from choir team) were suprised with my appearance on stage and thought that I have got hidayah to change. At a certain extent, a colleague which I don't really close to came and hug me saying I looked good wearing tudung and wishing I would stay this way.  

I received lots of compliment and wishes from men and women for the whole day but they kind of made me feel uneasy. They assume I would wear tudung even after today which I don't really planning to, for now. Do they expect me to start wearing tudung based on compliment? Do I need to change because people said I'm prettier wearing ones? Do I need to take this as a hint I should change now?

No, I won't because it is not a faith nawaitu to start with. I will change someday but for now I'm not going to be hypocrite because my heart is not 100% on this. When the day finally has come, I pray that I will be a better person and be a good muslimah forever. Amin.

One day, InsyaAllah..

Tomorrow morning will be weird, I'm sure will get lots of teguran because I'd appear wearing none.

2 comments:

cik_ah82 said...

hmm..sebagai sahabat, mmg berdoa agar ampa akan berhijab satu hari nnti..xpayah kita nk diskus hukum kat sini sebab suma org tau..mcm ampa cakap,kita berdoa semoga kita akan menjadi a better person and a good muslimah, forever, insyaAllah. yang pakai tudung lak jangan riak mengatakan yang 'kita' lebih baik dr yg xpakai tudung. yg penting, bila dh pakai niat kena ikhlas..he2..kan ikhlas?hehehe..

p/s: always doa for u my dear friend..lebiu!:)

Dusty Pixie said...

thanks my dear friend! lebiu too :)