Sunday, August 23, 2009

~ The Checkup ~


I just came back from my monthly checkup at a government clinic with hubby and it was lame as usual. The only interesting part is to hear the baby's heartbeats. The doctor did an ultrasound but didn't bother to turn the screen towards me even when I asked for it. What is the point of doing it if the parents couldn't feel the excitement of seeing their baby growing up in the womb?! Well, it's a free service after all so no complaint.

I asked the doctor about the gender and she said the genital parts look like a boy. Hmmm.. I'll confirm it with my gynae in next couple of weeks. Hubby and I planned to have our baby at a private facility so I'm just doing the monthly checkups with general hospital in order to maintain my 'buku merah' (just in case anything will not happen as planned).

The only thing that worries me is my weight. After I dropped 3 kgs in the first 4 months into pregnancy, I only manged to gain back 2.5 and now I weigh at only 52.5 which is still quite far behind the expected digits at 54.5 kgs. I need to try hard and eat more for the baby!! But it's already Ramadhan and I'm afraid I'll drop some more. How?!

No comments: