Saturday, August 01, 2009

~ A Tale Of A Pregnant Lady ~


It was a bumpy and never-ending roller coaster ride. Not the one that rushes your adrenaline high enough to give you excitement and energy but the type which leave you sick of puking out all over the places. That’s what I thought for the past 4 months..

I always imagined being pregnant is a wonderful experiences, it’s the labor that I fear most. Of course I have the general ideas of a pregnancy; morning sickness, bladder problems and hormonal imbalances etc but I was so sure I could handle them because it is normal by nature, right? Unfortunately when I experience it in hand, the 1st 4 months into it was the hardest time. It hit me by storm and totally changed my life 100%!

The nausea and vomiting had made me so weak and I stopped taking care of myself, sometimes I forgot to comb my hair. I never cared about my look or whatsoever, instead, all I wanted to do is lie down and sleep so I couldn't feel them. I threw up 2-3 times a day (4-5 times on the worst day) and had trouble eating. Thanks to hubby who kept buying KFC nuggets, yong tau fu, ice cream and iced milo (they seemed the only food I could tolerate). As the result, I managed to prevent further weight loss which I stopped at 3kg on week 15th.

I was so glad the nausea and vomiting started to abate during week 14th. Even though the queasiness stays for 2-3 days of each week later on, at least I got my life back. Everything starts to look normal again and I try to savor the good feeling as much as I can! I’m hoping for a happy experiences in this 2nd trimester and also the next one, insyaAllah..

p/s: now at week 16th ++

2 comments:

cik_ah82 said...

i'm glad ur back fwen!!:)
dh lama tau xdak kawan nk membebel skali..hehe

Dusty Pixie said...

hehe.. ye.. dah berkarat blog kami baru kami update :)