Sunday, August 02, 2009

~ The 1st Trimester Experiences ~


I really want to share some of the experiences I had during the 1st 4 months of pregnancy. Besides, they will be my references for my 2nd pregnancy in the next 3-4 years, insyaAllah. Here they are:-
  1. I went for a trip in Kuching during week 6th with hubby on our 1st anniversary. We couldn’t cancel since everything had been booked a month earlier. It turned out to be the worst trip ever due to nausea & vomiting I had to endure. I didn’t enjoy it and I cried almost all the time because I was so uncomfortable. I hate the trip I don’t even bother to see all the pictures taken there up until now (that’s why not a single picture uploaded on my FB / Friendster). I also forbid myself not to wear the same clothes and shoes I wore in Kuching because the thought of them will make me puke!
  2. I cannot smell perfumes and deodorant. I made hubby promised not to wear them whenever he is with me. I was also not wearing any of it and stay away from those who wear them.
  3. I cannot stand the smell of any skincare and make-ups. I avoided them on my skin, I practically had bare face all the time and my colleagues said I looked so sick and some even said I didn’t take my morning shower! (Don’t worry, I never fail to have one every morning)
  4. I had problems with my own bathroom. Usually a bathroom will always has a trail of scents whether it is shampoo, soap, shower foam, toothpaste, scrubs etc but they really annoyed me. I always ended up vomiting once I entered the bathroom. I tried various air freshener and replaced the toiletries with some new fragrances but they never solve the problems. At last, I decided to minimize my time in that much dreaded room. Sometimes I brushed my teeth and washed my face at kitchen sink.
  5. This one is funny! At some times, I couldn't smell my own poop. Imagine throwing out while you're pooping, weird right?!!
  6. I gave up rice but forced myself to have it 1-2 times a week for energy booster. I also gave up durian and milk, the two things I had no problem to consume before I got pregnant. Furthermore, I couldn't drink any plain water except anything with color such as sunquick, milo and sirap.
  7. I cannot drive because it will make me dizzy. Lucky enough I have a car pool partner. Due to this, I hadn't been to Alor Star for a long time. It was hubby who came to SP every weekend.
Every pregnancy is different and I like reading others' stories in the pregnancy forum just to compare with my own ones. Pregnancy does make us, the expectant mothers different and weird, right? But it's worth once you get to see and hold the baby. And I can't wait for the moment.. Hope both the baby and I will be OK throughout the pregnancy :)

2 comments:

cik_ah82 said...

tu dia..banyak yg xok dr ok ja..hehe
tp betoi, setiap pegnency lain..
mungkin for 2nd baby, ampa xalami dh alahan camni..depends kan..
macam kami, alhamdulillah, sepanjang pegnen 1st ni, xdak alahan dan pengalaman yg sgt besh..
tp mana tau, 2nd baby, alahan teruk lak..cuma harap2nya dak la..hehe:)

Dusty Pixie said...

tu la kami kata hidup kami berubah 100%, semua yg pelik2 jd :P

harapnya 2nd baby xmcm ni kot..