Friday, August 25, 2006

~ Sitting On A Hot Seat ~

One of my chinese colleagues asked me a tough question today. She asked why I'm not wearing tudung while other muslim women do and she expressed her opinion that muslim women look prettier without tudung. Phewwww!! What a tough question to answer because I don't want to make her misunderstood what Islam is. I, myself bukannya baik/alim sangat, so I'm afraid I'd give her the wrong perspective of it. Wanna know what's my answer?! Firstly I told her, it's not about pretty or not, it's what the religion itself requires us to do. Then I said menutup aurat (covering skins and hairs) is compulsory in our religion but I can't comment further because it's my own choice not to wear it so it'll be between me and God. Besides, I also corrected her thinking that menutup aurat is only wearing tudung, so I explained to her about the scenario of wearing tudung with short sleeves shirt and tight shirt are also wrong in the context of Islam, but once again I said it's between the person and God.. If you choose the other way it should be then you have to deal with the sequences later. Then ada la I explained skit2 lagi..Phew!! I'm not ustazah..

No comments: