Friday, May 01, 2009

~ The Mas Kahwin and The Lost Ring ~


It's a Malay tradition for a new bride to spend her 'mas kahwin' to buy something pretty out of it (most probably jewelry). To be honest, I spent mine for daily expenses. I felt bad for doing so but I had no choice and before you judge me, I have strong reasons for that. I started my new job in May and that was the month I got married. The wedding preparation was already burning holes in my pocket and to make it worst, the 1st salary was paid 2 months later. I didn't want to burden hubby to pay everything for me so I made the sacrifice.

After life has been financially stable couples of months later, hubby and I were crazy going places and not to forget the multiple trips of shopping spree. At last, I kinda ignored the need to replace the money until recently that I realized our 1st anniversary is just around the corner.

It's my turn for 'duit kutu' this month so yesterday I dragged hubby to Habib right after work and buy myself a bracelet and an anklet. I feel good for paying off the 'debt' by getting jewelry as a symbolic to my 'mas kahwin'. Even though I'm no more a blushing bride but it's better late than never!

By the way, hubby is still sad about the lost of his wedding ring. Yep, he lost his platinum wedding band about 3-4 months after the wedding. Sigh.. It's not his fault though.. It's not our rezeki to keep it, after all marriage longevity does not depend on a ring. I wanted to replace it as a gift for our 1st anniversary but he refused. He afraid to loose something special again so he prefers silver ring since then. Poor hubby..

2 comments:

cik_ah82 said...

oo, zul kat sp ka la ni?
ampa men gak ek det kutu..hehe..kami men kutu time nk bayaq insurans keta ja..huhuh..
p/s: la, siannya zul ilang cincin..mesti la dia nyesal sket kan..tp dh ilang, nk wat camana..ilang masa pi honeymoon ka?
platinum tu, kalo kami pun meraung gak..hehe..
kami tak sedia pun hadiah tuk anivesary, sambut besa ja kot..pi jalan2, spent time 2 gether ja..;)

Dusty Pixie said...

alamak, salah masuk date..
dah edit dah, tu cita last weekend
kami baru nak publish smlm

kami pun men kutu utk insurans keta gak, baru ja renew:)

zul sedih gak la tp dah nk ilang..
ilang masa kami kuaq pi makan kfc and tgok wayang oct lepas
xtau la mcm mana.. cr pn mmg xjumpa dh

kami mmg dah agree xprepare adiah
sbb masing2 contribute pi kuching
tp bila zul tengok kami bersungguh nk beli beg tu dia offer nak bayarkan sbg gift
maka kami pun nk cari adiah utk dia gak la :)